Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's New To Us

At one of Joe's homes that he is selling, there was this really old beat up piano left there. So he got it dropped off at our home knowing I would love it. It was in bad condition. I called my sisters piano tuner and he asked for a serial #...didn't have one. I told him it was a Weber London and he point blank told be to call goodwill and get rid of it, its not worth a thing and probably so worpped that it could never be tuned properly. Then I told him about this seal on the top and he then told me the last time they made one of those models was in 1933!!! He still proceeded to tell me that it's still not worth anything, but it is old. So I didn't feel so bad painting it. I think it looks great now and what a great conversation piece.
BEFORE

AFTER

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love it Jenny! You did a great job painting it!!! I have been wanting to get a piano for our family. I want my kids to know how to play.

Happy belated birthday! I feel like such a bad friend. I should have at least called ya! Chad's birthday was on the 7th.

The Harveys said...

You know, I think it looks good either way. If Joe finds any more pianos, we'd be happy to take it off of his hands. :o)

Zobrist Family said...

I'm diggin' it!

Kristi said...

Same here! I'd love one of those things, too, don't even need to tune since I don't even read music let alone play the piano!! So with that being said, is it weird I want one? ;)